How to add wired and wireless printer to Windows 11?
Adding a printer to Windows 11 is not very difficult. In many cases, this operating system will automatically detect your printers (both wired and wireless). But if it doesn't, there are other ways to connect the printer to your system manually. In this article, we are going to teach you different methods of connecting wired and wireless printers to Windows 11. Also, in the following, we will discuss a series of possible solutions in case of encountering a problem in the process of adding a printer. Join SafirSoft.
- printer buying guide; Types, features, important points and best-selling models
1. How to add a wired printer to Windows 11
Connecting a wired printer to Windows 11 (or any other operating system) is very simple. Normally, Windows automatically detects the printer as soon as it is connected; Of course, provided that you use the right cable and the ports of your system are also healthy. You can verify that your printer has been successfully added to Windows 11 by following the steps below.
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings.
- Select the option "Bluetooth and devices" from the left side and click "Printers & Scanners" on the right side of the window.
- In the displayed window, you should see the name of your printer. If you can't find it, click the "Add device" button to add a wired printer to Windows 11.
- After that, Windows will start scanning your system to find the connected printer. It is enough to select your printer name from the list of displayed options after the scan is finished.
- If the system cannot find the printer and a message says "The printer that I want isn't listed", click on "Add manually" option.
- In the displayed window, click on the "Add a local printer or network printer with manual settings" option.
- Select the "Use an existing port" option from the left panel and select the port you have connected the printer to.
- Now go to your printer manufacturer's website and download your printer driver from there. If you have a CD to install the printer driver, insert it into your system to install the driver on your system.
- If you use a CD, select "Have Disk" in the window that opens. If not, click on "Windows Update".
- That category Users who use the CD to install the printer driver should open its contents and install the driver from there.
- If you select the Windows Update option, your driver manufacturer and model Select. Then enter a name for your driver and click Next. After installing the driver, check whether the printer is successfully added to Windows 11.
2. How to add a wireless printer to Windows 11
Wireless printers, which have become very common among users today, do not have the problems of wired models; Because they can be directly connected to your system through a Wi-Fi connection without the need to set up a wire or cable. To get started with a wireless printer, you need to make sure that your computer and printer can support compatible versions of wireless networks.
Once you've connected your printer to a Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection, Windows should automatically automatically identify it. If you are using a Wi-Fi connection, make sure that both devices are connected to the same network. Then follow the steps below to add it to Windows 11:
- Run Windows Settings and go to the Printers & Scanners section with the methods we described above.
- Click add device option.
- After the system scan is completed, if you see your printer name in the displayed list, click it to be added to your system. To connect to the printer, you may need to enter its password.
- If your printer name is not in the displayed list, click add manually.
- In the opened window, you will be shown a list of connected options. Click on the one that best suits your needs and click Next.
- You should now be able to locate your printer. Click it to add.
If you encounter problems adding wireless printers, the notebook Read the manual carefully. Otherwise, a series of methods to solve common problems are given in the rest of the article that you can follow. is that the "Add device" option in the Printers & scanner window does not work properly, which makes users unable to add the printer to Windows 11. If you are in a similar situation, it is not bad to try the following methods:
1. Run the printer Troubleshooter
Microsoft has equipped Windows with a collection of small programs specifically designed to troubleshoot problems that users commonly encounter. In the settings of Windows 10 and 11, you will find a handful of these programs that are able to identify possible system problems and suggest ways to fix them. Interestingly, Windows provides these methods without user intervention. And it will do it automatically to solve your problem. So, if you can't add your printer to Windows 11, the first thing you should do is run the printer Troubleshooter. This tool will scan your system for printer-related problems and offer a solution. To run the printer Troubleshooter, follow the steps below:
- Press Win + I to open Windows Settings.
- Go to the System> Troubleshoot section and select the Other troubleshooters option.
- In the displayed window, select printer Find it and click the corresponding Run button to run the troubleshooter.
- By clicking the Run option, the system will start scanning. If this troubleshooting system detects a problem with your printer, it will also provide you with a solution. In this case, click on "Apply this fix" option. After the system troubleshooter has done its job, repeat the steps mentioned above and check if you can add your printer to Windows 11.
4 Printers A popular companion in SafirSoft (August 1401)
2. Update your Windows
Some Windows 11 hardware and software issues will be fixed after installing the KB5006746 update. This update was supposed to fix some bugs in Windows 11. So, you can fix this problem by installing the latest Windows 11 update on your system. To install the update, follow the steps below:
- Run Windows Settings and go to Windows Update section.
- Click the "Check for updates" button in the side window. and wait until the scan is complete.
- If the update for Windows 11 detected, download and install it. Check if installing this update fixes your issue. Additionally, make sure that the relevant drivers are up-to-date. For this, you can check Windows to update the available drivers and then install them.
If you are planning to buy a printer, here are some best-selling and popular printers from the SafirSoft online store. We will introduce you.
The most popular printers of SafirSoft
HP laser printer model Laser 107w
The HP Laser 107w laser printer is one of the best-selling printers available in the SafirSoft online store, which has gained great popularity among users with its features. This printer uses laser printing technology and can work in monochrome. This HP product also has a very good printing speed and is able to print about 20 sheets for you in one minute.
Laser 107w printer is compatible with Windows 7 and later operating systems and users can use it without any problems. use it One of the most obvious features of this printer is to connect to the Wi-Fi network, which has provided the possibility of using it wirelessly. Other features of HP Laser 107w laser printer include 64 MB memory, 60-163 g/m2 input tray, 1200x1200 dpi print resolution and 4 kg weight. You can directly buy this printer from SafirSoft store.Buy HP Laser 107w laser printer from SafirSoft
Multifunctional inkjet printer with Canon PIXMA MG2540s photo printing capability
Canon PIXMA MG2540s printer is a product with many features that can, in addition to performing its main task of printing in color, scan your files and Copy too. The weight of this printer is about 3.5 kg and its dimensions reach 145 x 306 x 426 mm; As a result, if you have a small work space, this compact product can be one of the best There are possible options for you.
This printer, which uses color inkjet technology, is able to print your photos with very high quality, but its printing speed is a little slow, and if the number of files is large, it should be Spend considerable time doing this. The scanner of this device also has a very good performance and can scan an A4 file in about 14 seconds with a resolution of 1200 x 600 dpi. Finally, we should mention the 180 sheet capacity of this product's cartridges. You can directly buy this printer from SafirSoft store.Buy Canon PIXMA MG2540s printer from SafirSoft
HP LaserJet MFP M141a multifunction printer
The LaserJet MFP M141a model can be mentioned among other best-selling HP printers. This product performs the three tasks of printing, scanning and copying for you at high speed, and by purchasing it, you will no longer need to buy other additional devices. The LaserJet MFP M141a model is capable of monochrome printing on A4 sheet and offers you 21 to 30 sheets per minute.
The weight of this triple printer is about 5.3 kg and its dimensions are 378x198x22 mm. . In the input and output trays of this product, it is possible to place up to 150 and 100 sheets of paper, respectively. This company has installed an LED panel with three buttons on the body of this product, through which users can control the operation of this printer. 2 USB ports can be seen on the back of this printer.
Among the very good features of this printer, you can copy and scan at 600 x 600 dpi resolution, monthly printing capacity of 8000 sheets, direct sending of scanned files from The device mentions email, 64 MB memory and support for energy consumption standard (Energy STAR). Despite the very good features of this product, Auto Duplex printing is not available in this printer. You can directly buy this printer from the SafirSoft store.Buy the HP LaserJet MFP M141a laser printer from SafirSoft
Canon imageclass MF3010 multifunction laser printer
Canon's imageclass MF3010 printer can easily perform all your scanning, printing and copying tasks with high speed and excellent print quality. Gives. This product, which uses laser printing technology, can print about 18 pages with a resolution of 9600x9600dpi in one minute. The weight of this printer is about 8 kg and it has compact dimensions; Therefore, you can use it in a small work space.
On the body of the Canon imageclass MF3010 laser multifunction printer, an LCD panel is installed that provides the necessary information to users. This printer uses a memory of 64 MB and has a monthly printing capacity of 8000 sheets. The input tray of this product accepts a maximum of 150 sheets of paper. Also, the MicroUSB port provides the possibility to connect the phone to this device. You can directly buy this printer from SafirSoft store.Buy Canon imageclass MF3010 laser printer from SafirSoft
Epson L805 inkjet printer
The Epson L805 inkjet printer is a wireless printer specially developed for photo printing, and you can use it to print a 15-inch photo in just 12 seconds. Print 10 x 1440 x 5760 pixels. The weight of this product is about 6 kg and its width exceeds 50 cm. Therefore, it is considered a big printer and you should consider the necessary space to place it.
In addition to photos, you can also print the images you want on CD or DVD. One of the most obvious features of this Epson product is wireless connection support, which allows you to connect your phone, tablet, or computer to the printer via Wi-Fi and print your desired images.
In the input and output trays of this product, it is possible to place up to 100 and 50 sheets of photo paper, respectively. Another notable feature of the Epson L805 inkjet printer is the six-color ink tank system and the color printing speed of 5 pages per minute. You can directly buy this printer from SafirSoft store.Buy Epson L805 inkjet printer from SafirSoft
HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw multifunction laser printer
Among other high-quality products of HP, we can mention its LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer. This printer uses laser printing technology and you can do 4 tasks of copy, scan, print and fax using it easily. The printing size of this product is not limited to A4 paper and A5, A6 and B5 papers can also be used for this purpose. The HP laser multifunction printer uses 512 MB of memory and has the possibility of copying, printing and double scanning.
An LCD panel is installed on this 13 kg product so that users can be informed about all the operations of this printer. The printing speed of this product It is very high and can print 38 sheets in one minute with a resolution of 1200 x 1200 dpi. The input tray of this product can hold up to 100 sheets of paper. This printer can also be connected to smart devices like phone or laptop using Wi-Fi connection. You can directly buy this printer from the SafirSoft store.Buy the HP LaserJet Pro MFP M428fdw printer from SafirSoft
In this article, we discussed How to add a wired and wireless printer to Windows 11 and we also examined the common problems of connecting them to the system. At the end, we introduced the most popular printers available in the SafirSoft online store. We hope you enjoyed reading this article.
- HPRT MT800 printer review; Attractive and easy to use