3 Reasons to Rethink Your Brainstorming Strategy
It is not possible to check the history of Brainstorming sessions. But with the knowledge of humans, we can guess that since the beginning of history, when people gathered together in groups to deal with problems and issues, Brainstorming sessions have also been held. Brainstorming can be considered the first necessary step in any personal or professional project. However, still some do not understand the high importance of this approach and strategy and do not use it enough. Brainstorming sessions can be made much richer and more targeted with a little care and attention to different points so that you get much better efficiency and feedback from them. If you just show up at these meetings with a pen and a piece of paper, you're likely to miss out on a lot of brilliant ideas.
That's why we say it's important to reevaluate Your Brainstorming strategy. It is important. By doing this evaluation, you will find out whether Your method has sufficient efficiency or not. More importantly, you'll discover how to tap into Your untapped creative potential. In fact, in this article we'll cover the very things you need. Everything you need to know about Brainstorming sessions will be covered below. Including:
- 3 Reasons You Should Reevaluate Your Brainstorming Strategy
- Tips to Improve and Enhance Your Next Sessions
- A Checklist of Different tools that should be available to you during Brainstorming sessions
So. Let's start the main discussion!
Why should we re-evaluate our Brainstorming strategy?
Brainstorming is the first step in the planning process for projects. This means that the next step in Your creative or professional project will be based on what Your team comes up with during the Brainstorming session. If you're still not convinced how important and necessary it is to keep Your Brainstorming strategies up to date, here are our top 3 Reasons to reevaluate Your Brainstorming strategy.
- 4 Reasons Main because you can't focus on work
1. Brainstorming helps build better teams
What separates the best and most effective teams from the rest? The answer is really quite simple: better teams have much better and more effective communication practices. Brainstorming creates a bond that helps team members understand how others are thinking. Not only does this allow team members to leverage each other's strengths, but it also makes it easier to resolve conflicts and problems that may arise. Since the recognition of teammates and their ways of thinking becomes clearer, it becomes easier to trace the basis of problems and oppositions, and as a result, it will be easier to solve them.
2. A good Brainstorming session allows new voices and ideas to be heard
Sometimes you might think that Brainstorming sessions are useless and you don't need them. For example, when you think about the ultimate goals of Your organization (ie, determining the direction of the company's movement) or thinking about the organizational culture, you might think that Brainstorming sessions will not be useful. But the fact is that you are wrong and you must open a special account on them. Brainstorming sessions are a great way to attract new voices, thoughts and ideas. It is the ideas of other people and their opinions that can bring new energy to Your organization. Many times, many things do not come to Your mind, but the people around you may have these ideas or may have understood some of Your strengths and weaknesses better than you. In any case, you must give the people around you a chance to be heard and try to use their ideas and points of view as much as possible. Using Brainstorming sessions is a great way to boost Your organization's growth.
- 8 Golden Tips to Increase Focus
3. Brainstorming is the best way to creatively and professionally advance projects
Brainstorming is one of the best methods with which you can creatively and professionally advance Your projects and prevent them from getting stuck. Anyone who has ever worked on a project knows how bad it feels to hit a roadblock. Sometimes, no matter how hard you try, you can't find a solution on Your own. Brainstorming prevents these projects from deviating and getting stuck by such obstacles. The more people are involved in the projects, the more ideas you will have to continue the project. We think this fact needs no further explanation that the more people there are, the easier it is to get things done and the more comprehensive ideas come up.
How to host a successful Brainstorming session?
When you hold meetings like this, of course You expect to get the most profit and efficiency. But how can you be sure that Your Brainstorming session really had a good and effective output?
Here we present some easy and safe solutions to make sure that Your Brainstorming session is done correctly and can produce the best results. have.
1. Keep it cozy. Although we said in the previous section, the more people there are, the more the variety of ideas will be and the efficiency will increase. But there is a limit to this. Holding very busy meetings reduces efficiency. If Your group is too large, some people may not contribute enough to the discussion. Based on research, it seems that 10 people in each Brainstorming session can be an acceptable number.
- Does mastering two languages make us smarter?
2. Focus on one topic. In each meeting and at any time, you should only focus on one thing. Therefore, before asking others for their opinion and before reviewing them, clearly define the problem you intend to tackle and the topic of the meeting. It is much better if the people present at the meeting know the topic a few hours or a few days in advance and have enough time to think about their own ideas. The existence of coherence in the discussion is also very important. Don't jump from one topic to another. All people should stay focused on one topic and after finishing and summarizing, a new topic should be raised. In this way, Your Brainstorming session can be more focused and therefore much more productive.
3. Location. You may think that the location of the meeting does not matter. But this notion is wrong. As much as possible, try to hold Your meeting in an environment that promotes communication and creativity. Apart from this issue, being quiet and removing distractions will naturally be very important. You never want the order and concentration of Your meeting members to be disturbed by various external factors.
- How to increase productivity by arranging the work space?
4. The importance of individual thoughts. Before you start the meeting and talk, ask team members to organize their thoughts and ideas and write them down if possible. By using this work, each member will have something to say.
5. There is no such thing as a bad idea. One of the most important principles to keep in mind during Brainstorming sessions is that no idea is bad. Many of the ideas and opinions raised in these meetings may not work or have fundamental flaws. But the most important thing is to express different ideas and bring them up. Maybe this apparently wrong idea will lead to the formation of another idea in another person in the group and this chain will lead you to the final solution at the end. However, always reiterate during meetings that no idea is a bad idea. Therefore, create an environment where everyone can easily express their ideas.
6. Get back to the point. Throughout the meeting, keep coming back to Your original point and purpose. Do you think of solutions that are related to the same issue? If you get off track, get right back on track. Along the way, you may jump from one idea to another and drift away from the main topic over time. This approach will help you stay focused on the discussion and the main problem.
7. Try new things. There are a variety of Brainstorming strategies to help Your group think creatively. Do some research and try one of them in Your next Brainstorming session. The result may surprise you!
- What is productivity and why is it so important?
The tools you need in Brainstorming sessions
No matter what you do, having access to the right tools is one of the first steps to success. If you are building a house, the tools you need may be a hammer and nails. But when you host a Brainstorming session, you should use various tools to maximize the output and efficiency of Your session. These tools make it easy to manage ideas and people and help you get the most out of the meeting.
A Brainstorming template. During this meeting, many ideas will come up. And this is exactly what makes them so wonderful and effective. But organizing all these ideas can be difficult. There are ready-made templates to do this. So, try to keep Your thoughts together using one of these patterns. Some of these templates take a more modern form and allow you to save the final file in the cloud and share it with other members of the meeting. This will be a huge plus for Your group.
sticky note paper . Looking for an easier way to collect and Do you want to manage ideas? What could be simpler than a few pieces of sticky paper? Of course, you can also use plain paper, but you will need glue or a needle. These sheets help you to draw and model the connection of concepts and ideas and their relationship with each other. These colored papers can even increase creativity. For example, use blue paper for group A ideas and yellow paper for topic B ideas. All these creations depend on you and Your goals.
- Manage Your time well with these techniques
Laptop or tablet . One of the common problems in a Brainstorming session is that 1-2 members are stronger than others and most of the session is devoted to their ideas. A great way to overcome this problem is to give notice before the meeting. In this case, all people will have enough time to think independently and present their own solutions, and only a few fixed people will not be active in the meeting. Make sure they all come to the meeting equipped and have note-taking tools with them. Using tablets and laptops to take notes can be useful. On the other hand, sometimes they can do some quick research and come up with their own ideas.
Brainstorming is the first step to almost any project you take on in Your personal or professional life. Using these simple tools and tips, you can easily rethink Your approach and method of conducting these sessions and make sure you get the most out of Your Brainstorming sessions!